“the boy who harnessed the wind”

“the boy who harnessed the wind” is a heartwarming story about a boy from Malawi who harnessed the electric wind. William Kamkwamba is a boy who at the age of 14 made a DIY windmill to power his family’s farm so they can grow more. When I read this story it was in picture book form and glossed over many important things like how he got it running and how he got the parts. I personally had a connection to this book because I also went to a library and found out a lot of cool stuff. Something that I connected to was the learning to build items to help out my family, I learned that our old tv could work if we replaced a part, unfortunately, we already had a tv so we never replaced that part. Another connection I had with this book is that I helped my mom fixing her phone by reading the instructions and then just hard resetting her phone. Overall this book needs a little more detail but is a solid 7/10 otherwise. I would recommend this book to 10-13-year-olds to show them the importance of knowledge.